What’s inside? Here are the questions answered in today’s reader mailbag, boiled down to summaries of five or fewer words. Click on the number to jump straight down to the question.
1. Changing pay schedules
2. Thoughts on Credit Parent
3. Protecting expensive jewelry
4. Consolidating retirement savings
5. Thoughts on sous vide cooking
6. Really bad 401(k) options
7. Uncertain about gift card
8. Missing Spotify Premium
9. Password suggestions
10. Which credit card first?
11. Rescue dog destroying carpet
12. Is CD laddering back?
Last week, my wife went to visit her sisters and my children went to visit their grandparents, leaving me home alone for several days.
I did my normal work tasks and got some work done in advance. I had a few friends over a couple of times, and visited a few friends. I did some reading. I got a bunch of tasks done on my to-do list.
By the end of the…